As announced yesterday afternoon, Mt Buller is pleased to confirm continued lift operations beyond 12th of July ensuring access to the ski area on an appropriate scale for as long as conditions permit. The decision to continue running lifts, seasonal programs/lessons and snowmaking was reached with the well-being and livelihoods of our employees, the community and our guests in mind.
Remaining open has not been an easy decision however we believe it is in the best interests of our community and regional Victorians.
Please find an update on TBR training packages impacted by the lock down period.
- TBR will be suspending the TBR Weekend program during the stage 3 lock down period.
- The lock down period affects 5 weekends (10 days) of our program.
- Pending the lifting of Stage 3 restrictions in Melbourne, it is anticipated the program will recommence from the 22nd August.
- The remaining 10 days of the TBR program will be deferred to the latter part of the winter season. The original program completion date was on the 6th of September. The 10 missing program days will be offered over the weekend of the 12th & 13th of September and over the September School holiday period 19 - 27 September (with one day off during this period). Should the stage 3 restrictions be extended within Melbourne post the current period then we will reassess options at that time.
- The TBR Friday program includes six training days.
- Pending the lifting of Stage 3 restrictions in Melbourne, it is anticipated the program will commence on the 21st of August.
- There are five Friday’s from Friday August 21 to Friday September 18.
- The remaining day can be used any time during TBR September School Holiday training.
- Athletes will be able to use any remaining days not utilised once the TBR weekend program resumes pending the lifting of stage 3 restrictions.
- As mentioned above in TBR weekend, the program will be extended through to the September school holidays, so there will be ample opportunities to utilise any remaining days.
- The TBR Full Time/Midweek program will continue to run as scheduled for families who remain on the mountain for school and training.
- If any TBR families would like to upgrade to the TBR Full Time program, please let me know ASAP.
If anyone has any questions, please let me know.